CSGN Community Projects Fund
Greenspace projects can make a huge difference to the quality of places and people’s lives, especially when they are delivered alongside the communities who will benefit from them most. Groups and organisations who wanted to deliver projects in the heart of our local communities were invited to apply for grants of up to £1,000 for activities such as:
- conservation and education projects, like developing a safe, natural learning space
- developing a community growing area
- biodiversity activities, such as planting and improvements to ponds and wetlands for local wildlife
- community events, such as a park improvement day
- woodland arts activities, such as carved log seating or mosaics
Feasibility projects such as investigating opportunities to develop a local greenspace were also welcomed.
The 2016 CSGN Community Project Fund was supported by Greggs Foundation using money raised from the carrier bag charge in Greggs stores.