CSGN Community Project Fund
Greenspace projects can make a huge difference to the quality of places and people’s lives, especially when they are delivered alongside the communities who will benefit from them most. We would like to hear from groups or organisations who want to deliver projects in the heart of our local communities.
*** The application deadline for 2017 has now passed ***
Grants of up to £1,000 are available for activities such as:
- conservation and education projects, like developing a safe, natural learning space
- biodiversity activities, such as planting and improvements to ponds and wetlands for local wildlife
- community events, such as a park improvement day
- developing a community growing area
- woodland arts activities, such as carved log seating or mosaics
Feasibility projects such as investigating opportunities to develop a local greenspace are also welcomed.
The 2017 CSGN Community Project Fund, managed by Central Scotland Green Network Trust in partnership with Greggs Foundation using money raised from the carrier bag charge in Greggs stores, was awarded to 48 community projects. The total amount of money distributed was £40,000. Successful projects were located in all 19 local authorities across the CSGN area.
The 2016 CSGN Community Project Fund, supported by The Greggs Foundation, was awarded to 39 projects, which received between £388 and £1,000 each. The total amount of money distributed was just over £34,261. Successful projects were located in 12 local authorities across the CSGN area.
Previous CSGN Community Project Fund rounds