East Ayrshire Council are currently consulting on the Main Issues Report of their Local Development Plan. They would welcome your views on the issues raised and will be holding a series of consultation events.
The Main Issues Report sets out the key areas of change in land use terms facing East Ayrshire, and presents options for their future development. The MIR and the responses to the consultation will be key to shaping the strategies, policies and sites to be included within the Proposed Plan, the next stage of the plan making process.
The Main Issues Report is accompanied by a Monitoring Statement, examining the changes that have taken place in East Ayrshire in recent years and an Environmental Report, which assesses the likely significant environmental impacts of the options contained within the report. All three documents can be viewed via the Council’s website.
The consultation period runs from Monday 12 November 2012 to Friday 25 January 2013 during which time the Council would welcome your views on the issues raised in the Main Issues Report and particularly on the specific questions posed within it. Comments on the Environmental Statement would also be welcomed. As part of the consultation process, the Council will be holding two workshop events, to which we are encouraging a wide range of public, private and community stakeholders to attend. The workshops will be held on:
- · Wednesday 28 November, 6.30pm – 8.30pm at the Palace Theatre, KILMARNOCK
- · Wednesday 5 December, 6.30pm – 8.30pm at Rothesay House, 1 Greenholm Road, CUMNOCK
If you would like to attend one of these events, please register by emailing localdevelopmentplans@east-
In addition, Council planning officers will be on hand at the following drop in sessions between 10am and 2pm to discuss the MIR and answer any questions you may have:
- · Thursday 22 November – Co-op store, Polwarth Street, GALSTON
- · Tuesday 27 November – Asda store, Townhead Street, CUMNOCK
- · Friday 30 November – Sainsbury’s store, Rigg Street, STEWARTON
- · Tuesday 4 December – Local Council office, Main Street, DALMELLINGTON
- · Thursday 6 December – Morrisons store, West Langlands Street, KILMARNOCK
The Council would prefer any representations on the MIR to be submitted via the Council’s website using the Online Local Development Plan system.
Alternatively, representations on the MIR and Environmental Statement can be sent by email to localdevelopmentplans@east-