In October, Clackmannanshire Council became the second Council to sign the CSGN Local Authority Concordat. In signing up to the scheme, Clackmannanshire Council has welcomed the Scottish Government’s commitment to the CSGN, as expressed through the network’s inclusion in Scotland’s second National Planning Framework, as well as the opportunities the CSGN has to offer.
In signing the Concordat, Clackmannanshire Council has pledged to:
- Embed the CSGN in all relevant policies, strategies and plans - most notably in Single Outcome Agreements, Community Plans and development plans.
- Develop and enhance its partnership work to realise the CSGN.
- Develop a programme for the delivery of Green Network priorities in Clackmannanshire, taking into account:
- oThe actions and priorities set out in A Vision for Gartmorn Green Dam Hub: Framework for Future Management and Maintenance;
- oThe actions and opportunities identified within the Green Infrastructure Mapping exercise and strategy, to support investment in greenspace;
- oThe actions set out in the Clackmannanshire Local Biodiversity Plan;
- oThe actions set out in the Clackmannanshire Open Space Strategy;
- oDevelopment of the Clackmannanshire core paths network, as guided by the Clackmannanshire Core Paths Plan.
- Support the delivery of the programme of projects and activities of the Ochils Landscape Partnership and Inner Forth Landscape Partnership.