Three fifths of Scotland’s businesses are located in the CSGN area. Through our ‘A Place for Growth’ theme we are making the central belt a better place for these enterprises to flourish in.
We recently surveyed private enterprises to find out what the decision makers within them feel about green infrastructure. Our findings demonstrate that businesses know that local greenspace can be commercially important and if used effectively it can deliver bottom line benefits. Despite this, many feel that they are not making the most of their greenspace assets and would like to know more.
Here are some of our findings:
BUSINESSES KNOW THAT LOCAL GREENSPACE IS IMPORTANT …
- 84% think having an attractive frontage for the enterprise is important
- 72% think the local environment is key in terms of staff satisfaction
- 57% think it’s important in the promotion, products and services
... BUT THEY FEEL THEIR OWN GREENSPACE IS OF POOR QUALITY
- 54% of businesses think the area surrounding their premises (which they have responsibility for) is of average or poor quality
BUSINESSES WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT GREEN INFRASTRUCTURE
- 61% are interested in making their business more environmentally sustainable. Of these, 3 out of 10 would consider rainwater harvesting and re-use
- 37% of businesses who are concerned about flooding want to know out more about SUDS
- 16% are interested in finding out more about green roofs
For more information on this research download the report below:
This research was conducted by Progressive for CSGN via an online survey in June/July 2015. A total of 306 businesses were surveyed, all located within the CSGN area.