A Place to Feel Good
‘Creating an environment which supports healthy lifestyles and good physical and mental well-being’.
- People feel good about their physical surroundings
- More people use and enjoy outdoor spaces
- Improved levels of physical and mental well-being
- A reduction in health inequalities
- A reduction in cases of preventable health problems
- Creating attractive, safe, and well-maintained green space or accessible countryside within easy walking distance of every home in Central Scotland
- Significantly increasing the area of land used by the community for growing plants, fruit and vegetables, such as allotments, orchards and gardens
- Developing a strategic network of high-quality routes for active walking and cycling and recreation throughout Central Scotland
Who will benefit:
- Individuals and communities as they become healthier
- Businesses by having a healthier workforce
- The public sector through having to tackle fewer cases of preventable health problems.