Health and safety is a vital part of running a community woodland. However it does not need to take a huge amount of time and resources. There are many organisations who can offer guidance, help and support.
- Forest Industry Safety Accord Publication: Guidance on Managing Health and Safety in Forestry
- Forest Industry Safety Accord Publication: Worksite Checklist – Landowner, Forestry Works Manager and Contractor
- Forest Industry Safety Accord Publications: Various specific topics guides & risk assessments
- The Conservation Volunteer Handbooks – practical guides
- Heartwoods: Demystifying Woodland Insurance and Liabilities for Landowners Roadside Trees and Woodlands
- National Tree Safety Group: Common sense risk management of trees