There are excellent open source, free mapping software available online. Assistance and guidelines for use are also available.
- myForest: mapping
- Forestry Commission Scotland Map Viewer - a range of FCS data sets
- Scotland’s Environment: Land Information Search
- QGIS: Mapping software for the production of individual maps
- QGIS: Tutorials and advice on how to use the software
- Emapsite: Online geo referenced maps for use with mapping software
- Pro map: Online geo referenced maps for use with mapping software