Some work in your community woodland may need licenses or permissions. These may be required for thinning or felling, or planning consents for structures.
For information and guidance on Tree Preservation Orders (TPO) contact your local authority. TPO’s prevent the felling, topping, lopping or uprooting of trees without permission from the planning authority.
- Forestry Commission Scotland: Application for a Licence to Fell Growing Trees
- Forestry Commission Scotland: The Scottish Government’s Policy on Control of Woodland Removal
- Scottish Government: Planning advice on farm and forestry buildings
- Forestry Commission Scotland: Felling Licences
- Forestry Commission Scotland – Felling and Tree Protection Orders/ Conservation Areas
- Forestry Commission Scotland – Interactive Map Viewer – details all currently active felling licences in Scotland
- Land Information Search – An interactive map for all Scotland’s land designations
- Scottish Government: When you need planning permission and how to get it